Established in 1874, Cambridge United Baptist Church is a friendly, family church with a ministry focused on caring for people in our community. We welcome you to join us Sunday mornings at 9:45am for worship, with Children’s Church for the kids!
Our primary church values are:
- God is to be First in our Lives
- We believe that God should be first in our lives and that we must rely on Him to answer all our needs (Matthew 6:33). We believe that God’s Divine nature is the source of righteousness and that we must continuously seek His righteousness. We believe that God is the source of all goodness, love, truth and wisdom
- God is Love
- We believe that God has shown us real love by His grace and the giving of His Son that all of humankind may have eternal life. We believe that it is important to grow in the love of Him, as well as, with our fellow human beings ( Mark 12:30,31 /1John 4:16).
- God is the Living Hope
- We believe that God offers a living hope to all people through His Son, Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus is the Saviour for all people and that by accepting Jesus’ free gift, God can be our living hope ( 1 Timothy 4:10).
- There is Unity Within the Church
- We believe in unity within the church and the power of reconciliation. God reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation . We participate in this ministry of reconciliation as ambassadors, on behalf of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:11-21). As Christ’s ambassadors, we must set an example to show others that they too can be reconciled to God and reconciled to man. We believe that it is only through reconciliation that we can build peace and grow in the body of Christ.
- God Accepts Us as We Are
- We believe that we are accepted by God , despite our many weaknesses. We believe that God accepts us as we are without discrimination and we trust in the assurance of the New Testament that we have been made accepted in the beloved. We also believe that we need to be accepting of one another as fellow-believers. We understand that our Church must make decisions on the basis of our common acceptance of God’s acceptance of us and our commitment to serve Him together ( Ephesians 2:4-8).
- Prayer Makes the Difference
- We believe in a dependence on God through prayer. We believe that prayer helps us to grow closer and more intimately connected with God. We believe that we must pray for all people and that God hears and answers prayer. (Philippians 1:3-6; Colossians 1:9-14).